Welcome to Congregation Ahavas Achim
Congregation Ahavas Achim serves the Jewish community of the greater Keene area as a Jewish center. We believe in Judaism lived in balance with the world around us and strive to be a welcoming place for Jewish people in Southwestern New Hampshire. While most of the members are from the Keene area, others travel from towns like Peterborough, Antrim, and Walpole.
Jewish tradition teaches us to appreciate the variety of ways to live a Jewish life. Our community holds education for people throughout their lives as one of our ideals. A variety of education programs are available for youth and adults. We express our beliefs and our traditions through weekly communal worship, incorporating prayer, song and meditation.
We welcome all Jews, their families, and interested people to join our community in celebrating and learning Jewish tradition. Our membership reflects the diversity of the beautiful Monadnock region of New Hampshire.
Check out the
SPECIAL EVENTS PAGE for announcements of activities (or see the BULLETIN for details)
DID YOU KNOW
You can find weekly parsha commentary on our web site? Check out the TIMELY TORAH TIDBITS on the Bulletin & Torah Tidbits page.
(Note: This listing of events is posted to provide a quick view of upcoming activities. Please reference the BULLETIN for details.)
- Wednesday ..December 17.. .10:00 AM - Weekday Davening - With/without Tefillin (PeacefulMorning Service)
- Friday ..........December 19 ....7:00 PM - PotLatke (Latke Pot Luck) and Service
- Wednesday.. December 24 ...................- "Christmas Eve" Community Kitchen - contact Gary Shapiro-352-0440 or email@example.com
- Thursday .....December 25 .....5:00 PM - Jew Huddle - Chinese food (vegetarian) and a movie. RSVP 352-6747
- Friday.......... December 26 .....6:30 PM - Tot Spot followed by Traditional Shabbat Service at 7:00 PM
A detailed description of the types of services can be found on the CALENDAR page of this web site. Please check this month's BULLETIN for more information on events.